March 26 The latest on RDC's response to COVD-19
Red Deer College continues to make decisions for the health and safety of our students, employees and visitors.
In an ongoing effort to inform our community, please note Thursday’s updates:
- Final Exams will continue to be administered at the end of the Winter semester in RDC classes, as per our normal practice at the discretion of instructors. This is one of many ways in which students’ progress is assessed in courses. Students will continue to be informed by their instructors about final projects and exams, as well as other details relating to their courses.
- RDC’s academic teams and faculty members are aware of, and sympathetic to, the stressful situation that students are experiencing, as we have rapidly transitioned to online learning.
- To help minimize stress, for any final exams that are administered, instructors are using technology that is familiar for students and is user-friendly.
- With a breadth of courses offered by RDC, a ‘one-size-fits-all approach’ for accommodating decisions such as grade assessments and final exams for our students is not possible.
New Process: Check-In & Check-Out at Main Campus
- Effective Friday, March 27, to help ensure the safety of our employees, students and visitors to RDC’s main campus, everyone should please check-in as you arrive at the Welcome Centre (inside the main entrance) and check-out as you leave.
- As a friendly reminder, only the main entrance remains open, and all other exterior doors are locked. All individuals should park in Lots C and Public West for easiest access to the main entrance. Parking enforcement has been suspended temporarily until further notice to help accommodate these parking changes.
The most recent updates on COVID-19 are available at: rdc.ab.ca/coronavirus.
- 30 -
For additional information contact:
Communications Strategist - Corporate
Communications Strategist – Corporate