March 23 The latest news on RDC's response to COVID-19
Red Deer College continues to make decisions for the well-being of our students, employees and visitors regarding COVID-19.
In order to inform our community, please note Monday’s updates:
Facility Temporary Closures
With greatly reduced in-person traffic at RDC’s campuses, starting Tuesday, March 24 the following temporary facility closures and changes to access will begin, until further notice:
- All access to RDC’s main campus building will be through the main doors adjacent to the Welcome Centre. All students, staff and visitors are requested to use these doors, as all other doors will be locked.
- RDC’s Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre will be accessible from the north entrance only; all other exterior doors will be locked.
- Cenovus Energy Learning Common, NOVA Chemicals Learning Common, and Computer Labs (Rooms 907B and 907C) will be closed.
- Many washrooms on main campus will be closed.
- RDC’s Welikoklad Event Centre (located in downtown Red Deer) will be temporarily closed, until further notice.
- Signage will be posted on all washrooms and other areas of RDC’s campuses that are temporarily closed.
Parking on Main Campus
- Starting Tuesday, March 24, all individuals should park in the two parking lots immediately north of the main entrance (Lots C and Public West). This will facilitate easy access to the main door. Access to other parking lots will be closed. View this parking map if you require directions.
- Parking enforcement has been temporarily suspended until future notice to help accommodate these parking changes.
- Effective immediately, all in-person testing in RDC’s Test Centre is cancelled. Test Centre staff will contact students and faculty who have exam bookings scheduled in Access+ for the period of Monday, March 23 to Wednesday, April 8.
- If previously booked testing is impacted, Test Centre staff will assist individuals with setting up alternate arrangements to ensure testing is completed, and to ensure that students receive the accommodations they require.
- Please see the Service Updates page on RDC’s website for details on service area impacts.
- 30 -
For additional information contact:
Communications Strategist - Corporate
Communications Strategist – Corporate