March 18 The latest on RDC's response to COVID-19
RDC’s campuses remain open with changed or limited service delivery in various areas. Many classes have made the transition online, with altered practicum experiences for learners.
Please note the following updates:
- School of Trades and Technologies:
- All Alberta post-secondary institutions that offer apprenticeship training, including RDC’s School of Trades and Technologies, are collaborating with Alberta Apprenticeship & Industry Training and the Ministry of Advanced Education. Students will be updated as soon as possible once Red Deer College has further details.
- School of Arts and Sciences:
- Social Work: students have been removed from practicum placements and the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) has approved non-direct activities for students to complete field evaluations
- Media Studies & Professional Communications: students have been removed from practicum placements; students will complete online components to fulfill practicum requirements
- Additional practicum placement details for students enrolled in RDC’s Donald School of Business, School of Education and School of Health Sciences can be found in the COVID-19 Update from Tuesday, March 17 (2:30 pm)
- RDC’s campuses remain open for services. For any in-person service delivery, RDC is limiting contact between individuals and encouraging people to keep a two-metre distance between them where possible to encourage social distancing.
- RDC’s Library will close for in-person traffic starting end of day Wednesday, March 18 through March 31. This decision will be reviewed and updates to future service delivery will be shared as soon as possible. Disability Resources and Tutoring continues to be available through online service delivery.
- Individuals can continue to contact Library staff to receive assistance online. Staff can be reached through online chat and by phone. Visit: rdc.libguides.com/covid19 to connect online with Library staff and to review available hours for inquiries
- Student Connect Centre services (Student Funding, Awards, Records, and Advising) are available for online services. No in-person appointments or drop-in inquires until further notice.
- Admission, Registration and Information Services are available. In-person traffic is directed to maintain a two-metre separation from staff. All new applications are to be completed through Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS) rather than in-person.
- Cashier Services are available. In-person traffic is being directed to maintain a two-metre separation from staff.
- School Academic Advising services are available except for in-person appointments until further notice. Please see the Contact Information page for contact details for each School.
- Online resources on a variety of subjects are also available.
- Print Centre will only hold printed order for pick-up; deliveries to requesting departments at RDC are not occurring at this time
- Testing Services:
- RDC testing is available for accommodated students only. Admissions testing, Trades testing, drop in, and make up exams are not available until further notice.
- Any tester/student who has a visible illness will not be permitted to test
- Test sessions are limited, so staff can sanitize the desks and workstations appropriately
- External testing is closed at this time
- Campus Store and ThePulse
- Open 9:00 am to 3:00 pm this week for in-person service
- Starting Monday, March 23 through March 31, the Campus Store and The Pulse will be closed for in-person traffic. This decision will be reviewed and updates to future service delivery will be shared as soon as possible.
- Online purchases of textbooks and other merchandise will remain OPEN. Purchases will be delivered to people’s homes via courier (details available online as people place orders). Visit: rdc.ab.ca/campusstore to purchase items online
Red Deer College continues to follow the direction of Alberta Health Services and make decisions for the well-being of our students, employees and visitors.
Updates on RDC’s response to COVID-19 are available at: rdc.ab.ca/coronavirus.
- 30 -
For additional information contact:
Communications Strategist - Corporate
Communications Strategist – Corporate