Your first week of college: 8 things you need to know
Starting college can be a whirlwind of emotions and new experiences. You're talking to new people, learning new names, sitting in different classes, and wandering around in a new space. It can be a lot going on at once, but we don't want you to be stressed. That's why we've made things a little easier and outlined key items you need to know.
Here are 8 things you need to know for your first week of college:
- Pay fees and tuition. Probably the most important one.
- Parking is limited and purchased on a first-come-first-serve basis so don't wait too long. Apply for a spot here.
- Log in to the student portal, TheLoop. It has your class schedule, grades, important dates, news and basically everything you need to know.
- Get your lockers, purchase used books and transit passes, learn about your student health and dental plan and other services offered by your Students' Association.
- Don't forget to buy your textbooks, course materials and additional supplies. Visit the Campus Store and The Pulse in person on RDC's main campus or avoid line-ups and order online.
- Your iCard is your multi-purpose student ID. Avoid lineups by uploading your photo and have it pre-printed before coming to the main campus.
- Mark your calendar with these important dates from the academic schedule.
- Get connected to all of the awesome student services available to you while you're at RDC.
Still have some lingering questions? Chat with our Student Connect Centre.