9 helpful tips when applying to Red Deer College
If you're reading this, chances are you've decided to take that next step to attend college, and that deserves a happy dance!
Since this might be new to you, we thought it would be helpful to provide you with the top nine tips to make applying easier. But before we jump into it, make sure you've checked out rdc.ab.ca/apply and give this page a read-over. It shares essential info about when to apply, how to submit a new application, and the fees involved.
- Review your goal program's admission requirements. All RDC programs and respective requirements can be found on our Academic Calendar.
- Know the name of your program. Self-explanatory, but we feel we should mention it.
- Consider having a backup program. If your first choice program is full or if you do not meet the admission requirements, you can be considered for a second or third choice program. Open Studies is often a great starting point!
- Apply early! Students are admitted to the majority of RDC programs on a first-come, first-qualified basis, so this means that the earlier you apply, the better.
- Create an ApplyAlberta profile a day or two before applying. This is an online portal you will be applying through, so it doesn't hurt to get familiar with their site. You are required to have a profile that includes your personal information and academic history. Doing this before-hand will make applying much quicker.
- Have your payment method ready. You will be required to input credit card information if you are applying through ApplyAlberta.
- We're here to help. If you're having troubles or would prefer to apply in person, come visit us! We'll happily accept paper application forms if you visit us in person.
- Stay calm. Remember, it's not a race to complete your application, so there's no need to feel anxious or worried.
- Get excited. This is the first step in your college journey. Enjoy the moment!
That's it! You're ready to take that next step in applying to Red Deer College. If you have any questions, connect with our Student Connect Centre. If not, hopefully, we'll see you on campus soon.