6 reasons not to skip out on New Student Orientation
Hey there, are you new here? Don't worry, so are a lot of the other students walking around campus.
If you're new to Red Deer College and aren't quite sure of how it all works, we're here to help. We created an event called New Student Orientation that we've designed specifically for our first-year students.
New Student Orientation will allow you to:
- Meet and connect with students. You’re not the only one that’s going through this new journey. New Student Orientation is a huge opportunity to meet and connect with others who are just as excited (and anxious) as you are.
- Introduce you to your School, program and faculty. College is a lot more than just late study nights and eating macaroni and cheese. The whole reason for going to college is to explore your education journey and take a step towards your future. Why not meet the instructors that will help you achieve those goals right from the get-go?
- Learn about services and resources available to you as a student. Did you know you have access to more than 20 different kinds of services? From the fitness facilities to the Library Information Common, Counselling and Career Centre and the Makerspace, we’ve got you covered.
- Explore the campus. You’ll have the chance to discover campus the way you want to. Wander the halls, find your classes, check out the best study spots, and places to hang out, and tour the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre. You’ll also find out where you can access all of the available student services.
- Have a life outside of the classroom. We want you to have the best college experience in and outside of the classroom, and we’ll share how you can!
- Feel great about your newest adventure. You'll feel even more confident and excited after attending. We promise.
Head over to rdc.ab.ca/orientation for all your event details.