President Transition Team
At a special event on June 18, 2019, Red Deer College’s Board of Governors introduced Dr. Peter Nunoda as the institution’s incoming President. View highlights from this event in the video above.
Dr. Nunoda, who holds a Ph.D. in History, brings an extensive list of skills and more than 30 years of post-secondary experience to the College. Most recently, he has been the President of Vancouver Community College (VCC). Dr. Nunoda looks forward to using his past college and university sector experiences to support learners and communities and to lead Red Deer College into the future. Read more about Dr. Nunoda's background in this media release.
RDC welcomed Dr. Nunoda on September 3, 2019 as RDC’s 11th President. To support Dr. Nunoda in his onboarding at RDC, a transition team has been assembled under the direction of the Board of Governors. The team is comprised of a cross section of RDC employees and members from the central Alberta community.
Members of the transition team met with Dr. Nunoda on July 24 to begin to work on three aspects of his transition:
- Provide feedback on priority engagements in his first 90 days
- Identify important internal and external relationships
- Act as an advisory body for the installation of RDC’s 11th President
Transition Team Updates
Please refer to the Terms of Reference to learn more about the Transition Team Committee.
- Guy Pelletier, Community Member (Chair)
- Laurel Corbiere, Executive Director Board & Executive Relations (Transition Manager)
- Peter Slade, English Instructor, School of Arts and Sciences
- Catherine Lilly, Registrarial Services Assistant
- Lloyd Desjarlais, Indigenous Student Services Coordinator
- Dave Roberts, Director of Marketing & Communications
- Janice Wing, Director of Community Relations
- Karen Walkley, Manager of Budget & Revenue Services
- Brittany Lausen, Students' Association President
- Kristen Korhonen, Community Member
- Michael Donlevy, Community Member
If you have a suggestion regarding our new President’s transition, as he familiarizes himself with RDC and with central Alberta, please email President [dot] Transition [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.