Office of Research and Scholarship
The Office of Research and Scholarship at Red Deer Polytechnic works with the Research Common and the Research Ethics Board to guide research and scholarship occurring across the institution, including offering administrative support, support for research and teaching with animals and oversight for grant applications and grant management. This work is supported in part by the Government of Canada's Research Support Fund.
- Maureen Toews, PhD – Associate Vice President of Teaching, Learning, and Research
- Michelle Edwards Thomson, MLIS – Chair, Research Common
- Krista Robson, PhD – Chair, Research Ethics Board
- Geralis Enns, B. Mgt – Operations Manager
- Danielle Marcus, BBA (in progress) – Operations Coordinator
- Katie Cupello, PhD - Grant Administrator
The Research and Scholarship Committee is a standing committee of Red Deer Polytechnic’s Academic Council and a key connection to the academic governance processes of the College. It oversees the policy direction for research and scholarly activity across the institution, the promotion of research among all members of the Red Deer Polytechnic community, and the recognition of research and scholarly activity.
The Recognition of Scholarly Activity Committee recognizes and rewards high-quality scholarly productions by faculty and staff that have a large impact within the field of study.
Relevant Policies and Plans
All scholarly work at Red Deer Polytechnic that involves research conforms to or interacts with the following policies:
- Academic Freedom Policy
- Integrity in Research, Scholarly Activity, and Scholarship Policy
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Research and Teaching Involving Animals Policy
- Research Involving Humans Policy
- Research, Scholarly Activity, and Scholarship Policy
- Support for Research, Scholarly Activity, and Scholarship Procedure