Melanie Latham, M.Ed.
As a Learning Designer, Melanie supports the development of curriculum for online, blended, and face-to-face courses and programs. She is guided by evidence-based theories and practices including learner-centered and backward design. Her research interests include online learning design, the application of neuro, cognitive, and learning sciences to education, and culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Master of Education (Instructional Design), University of New Brunswick (2020)
- Bachelor of Education with Great Distinction (specialization in Technology in Education), University of Lethbridge (2015)
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, University of Lethbridge (2015)
- Online course design, development, and delivery
- Curriculum development and redevelopment
With Kasey Fulton, “Colouring Outside the Lines- The Decision to Do Online Course Development Differently.” Pecha Kucha Presentation. Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STHLE) 2017, Halifax, June 21, 2017.
With Kasey Fulton, “Building the New, Not Fighting the Old- An Innovative Approach to Online Course Development.” Poster Presentation. Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STHLE) 2017, Halifax, June 21, 2017.
With Kasey Fulton, “Building the New, Not Fighting the Old- An Innovative Approach to Online Course Development.” IDEAS Conference, Calgary, May 4, 2017.
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
- Educational Developers Network of Alberta (EDNA)
RDC Main Campus
Mon-Fri 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Main Phone: 403.342.3400
Toll-free: 1.888.732.4630 (in Canada only)
Email: inquire [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
RDC Main Campus Location
100 College Boulevard | Box 5005
Red Deer, Alberta | T4N 5H5