Working at RDC
Working at RDC
Red Deer College’s staff and faculty are the life-blood of our organization. Our dedicated employees provide countless hours of effort each year to support lifelong learning opportunities for our students and the communities we serve.
The College offers a variety of benefits that support our employees, including:
- an extensive benefits package
- access to professional development funds and opportunities
- employee recognition & awards
- fitness facilities on our main campus, including the Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone (e.g. treadmills, steppers, bikes, a rower, elliptical trainers and weights) and fitness classes
- a Child Care Centre and ECS (Kindergarten), located on RDC’s main campus, available for staff, faculty, students and the public
- activities and entertainment options, including:
- RDC’s championship-winning Athletics teams, the Kings and Queens, who compete in a variety of sports throughout the academic year
- dining options including: Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Subway and more
- contributing to RDC’s bright future as we work together on many initiatives, such as:
- through a multi-year transition process, the College will be able to offer its own degrees, adding choices for students, while we continue to offer our current breadth of credentials (including apprenticeships, certificates, diplomas and collaborative degrees in partnership with other post-secondary institutions)
- introducing new programs to continue serving our learners and communities
Read collective agreements for RDC's constituency groups: AUPE, CUPE and FARDC.
Red Deer College provides a comprehensive benefits package for our employees. Depending on the bargaining unit affiliation or terms and conditions of employment, employee benefits include:
Extended Health and Dental Care
RDC offers a competitive extended health and dental package with no waiting period for eligible employees. This package includes: vision, prescription, paramedical and emergency medical travel insurance.
Health Spending Account
This account complements your extended health and dental plan by assisting to meet your unique health care needs with greater choice and flexibility, and by helping you pay for a wide range of health-related costs not covered by your plan.
Eligible employees participate in the Local Authorities Pension Plan, which includes both employee and employer contributions. The good news is, if you’ve already participated in other public pension plans, transferability agreements may exist.
Funding is available for eligible employees to engage in professional development opportunities that encourage lifelong learning and allow you to grow professionally and personally. Opportunities include participating in webinars and seminars, as well as pursuing advanced education and attending conferences. The College also hosts a variety of dynamic speakers and professional development activities at our campuses.
The College offers generous vacation entitlement for permanent employees. RDC is also closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day, providing time off for employees to recharge and enjoy time with family and friends.
RDC also organizes many wellness activities and events to maintain and improve the happiness and quality of life for our employees.
Tuition Waiver Courses for Staff, Faculty and their Families
Eligible employees and members of their family can pursue learning opportunities and not pay tuition for one three-credit RDC course per term.
RDC’s greatest asset is the people who work here, including our dedicated faculty who inspire and challenge our students every day and our tireless staff who ensure every aspect of our services and operations run smoothly.
RDC values the efforts and contributions of our staff and faculty. To recognize the individual efforts that contribute to the success of the College’s programs and services that support our learners, RDC has an Employee Recognition Program which consists of multiple parts: Service Milestone Awards, Awards of Excellence, Leadership Award, and Departing Colleague Recognition.
Awards of Excellence
This Award is given annually to up to three employees for their extraordinary contributions to the success of RDC. To be nominated by a colleague, a person must make contributions that are outside of their specific job expectations. The contributions must also exemplify RDC values, and leave a lasting legacy in the College, in the community, or in the employee's field-of-expertise. Recipients of the award will receive a cash award of $1,000.
Additional Updates to the Awards of Excellence to be announced soon!
Service Milestone Recognition
RDC celebrates Service Milestone Awards, where we recognize (in five-year increments) employees who are working at the College. We’re proud to share that we have some faculty and staff who have worked at the College for 45 years or more, vastly contributing to the success of RDC and our students.
Successful candidates will be offered appropriate training and onboarding to help ensure their success as an instructor or staff member at RDC.
Mon-Fri 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Main Phone: 403.342.3400
Toll-free: 1.888.732.4630 (in Canada only)
Email: inquire [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
RDC Main Campus Location
100 College Boulevard | Box 5005
Red Deer, Alberta | T4N 5H5