Administrative Professional - Certificate
An Administrative Professional is the cornerstone of the modern office. This person is adept at utilizing current computer software and technology and has learned how to be a life-long learner!
The Administrative Professional Certificate Program provides students with the software training to be competitive in a continuously changing field. In addition to well-defined keyboarding skills, you will gain basic bookkeeping knowledge, oral and written communication knowledge, training in office procedures and you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally through a personal leadership course. A practicum placement in an office setting provides you with an opportunity to combine your newly developed skills and knowledge with on-the-job-training. You will be qualified for entry-level office positions.
Graduates of the Administrative Professional Certificate will:
- Compose and accurately produce and proofread business documents using appropriate software and equipment within specified timelines.
- Identify and practice current professional business procedures and standards.
- Integrate computer, computation, and communication skills to accomplish office tasks.
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal skills, human relations skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in making decisions and completing tasks and projects.