Mechanical Engineering Technology
|Two year diploma program with
a Fall start
|Average hourly wage is
If you enjoy working with your hands and are fascinated with robotics and controls, the Mechanical Engineering Technology program at RDC is the place for you!
- Use hands-on and theoretical approaches to learn both mechanical engineering fundamentals and industry-focused topics
- Be prepared for high-demand careers in rapidly growing petroleum, manufacturing and infrastructure design and industries
- Develop knowledge and skills, enabling you to:
- Apply traditional and computer numerical control manufacturing processes;
- Conduct failure and reliability analysis;
- Program robotics and programmable logic controllers to automate and control mechanical processes;
- Apply measurements, non-destructive testing, and statistics to implement technical quality control
- New lab facilities
- Access to the technology and equipment in RDC's Centre for Innovation in Manufacturing
- Hands-on, skill based experiences to prepare students for the workplace
- Instructors with relevant, current experience
Why we are great:
- We bring current research and practice to life in an engaging manner.
- We love getting to know our students!
- We have trained teachers with classroom experience and they offer a wide range of engineering and technical backgrounds and disciplines.
- We offer innovative, current and dynamic courses and programs.
- You will be well-prepared to excel as Engineering Technologist, becoming active leaders and exemplary employees for industry.
Graduates from the MET diploma are qualified to apply for Mechanical Engineering Technologist positions. Mechanical Engineering Technologists find long-term, rewarding careers in many areas including: