|* 98% of our students are satisfied with the program completed at RDC!|| ** Average Hourly Wage is
Graduates consistently achieve high pass rates on the national licensing exam for LPNs!
- A program that has received approval from the Education Standards Advisory Committee (CLPNA)
- An innovative, dynamic curriculum
- A program focused on leadership and professionalism
- Hands-on, practical learning
- Opportunities to explore maternity, outpatient, pediatrics, home care, and the ER during your practica
- Clinical practica in hospitals, continuing care and community settings
- Faculty who are engaged in ongoing scholarship and professional development
- Program delivery at the Red Deer College Main Campus, as well as the Rocky Mountain House Confluence Campus and Stettler Campus Alberta Central Site. Please see our FAQ page for more information.
- Develop knowledge and skill in clinical and simulation labs
- Learn with students from other health science programs
- Receive exceptional instruction from professional faculty and staff
- Gain necessary health assessment and critical thinking skills
- Develop communication and self-reflection skills
- Be well prepared for LPN practice
Upon successful completion of the PN Diploma program and the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam (CPNRE), graduates are eligible for licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA).
To learn more about the program, check out these important links: