Kinesiology & Sport Studies
100% of our students say they would recommend the program to others!*
Average hourly wage ranges
"This experience was incredible and I am very fortunate to have been given such an opportunity in my life." - Student
Graduates in the field of Kinesiology are leaders in the areas of fitness/personal training, sport science, teaching, coaching, sport administration and rehabilitative therapy. Through the leadership of the knowledgeable and experienced faculty and staff, the program strives to provide outstanding theoretical and practical course content and experiences.
- 2-year diplomas specializing in Adapted Physical Education or Fitness and Health Promotions.
- Transfer opportunities to complete 4-year University Bachelor of Kinesiology or Physical Education Degree's.
- Certification opportunities from the National Coach Certification Programs(NCCP) and the Canadian Society for Exercise Psychology.
You will experience:
- Leadership and teaching excellence from knowledgeable and experienced faculty
- Student centered learning
- Practical application of theoretical content
- Inspiration towards a prosperous career
RDC's Kinesiology and Sports Studies program builds a foundation for further education endeavors in:
- Adapted Physical Education
- Athletic Therapy
- Fitness and Health Promotions
- Physical Educators
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Outdoor Education and Recreation
- Sports Administration
- Sports Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Teaching and/or coaching for:
- Professional sports organizations
- Public or private schools
- Community centre and sport clubs
- Recreation therapy and rehabilitation
- Occupational and physiotherapy
- Civic and recreation departments
- Provincial and national sport organizations
- Private fitness and health industry
- Healthcare agencies
For the official Academic Calendar information, please view the Programs & Courses webpage.
Read examples of Faculty Research.