Middle Years Program
A Foot in Two Worlds
The program is available to students who have completed either the first two years of B.Ed Elementary program or an approved degree.
In the Middle Years Education Program, you will:
- Prepare to teach young adolescents in the middle years of schooling
- Progress through this program with a small cohort of students
- Earn a Bachelor of Education degree while living in or near Red Deer
- Have two practicum experiences (5 weeks and 9 weeks), plus school-based course work
- Take a full-time set program of courses, with an authentic, practical approach
- Receive a Bachelor of Elementary Education degree, upon program completion, and an Alberta Interim Professional Teaching Certificate
- Be highly sought after by school districts, due to the Middle Years teacher training
Application for this program MUST be made directly to the University of Alberta
Questions to Consider:
- Do you enjoy working with young adolescents and desire to teach them? (Grades 4 - 9)
- Do you have successful experiences working with young adolescents?
- Have you had experience working on teams and do you like learning and completing work in this manner? (In contrast to working individually or always with the same people)
- Are you passionate about lifelong learning and teaching?
- Do you support a program that places emphasis on the development of interpersonal, leadership, and teamwork skills in addition to academic and technical skills?
- Do you handle conflicts and stressful situations in a positive and proactive manner?
- Are you willing to work and grow with a professional learning community of 40 diverse individuals over a two-year period?
- Is your schedule flexible enough to allow for the demands of our program? (Two day retreats, student teaching, school visits, project work, evening classes, 3 hour classes, etc.)
The program includes the following courses:
RT @RedDeerCollege: Looking to apply for spring term 2019 courses? Mark August 1st down in your calendar! 📲 It's the first day you can app…
Good morning! Please note that advising walk-in is cancelled tomorrow. We will still be offering walk-in at 12:30pm… https://t.co/Y7GTs1Vc7P
We are eagerly anticipating our two new certificates, the E-Learning Instructor Post-Diploma Certificate and the Ad… https://t.co/gvuRGh4dz4
Learn to assist students and teachers in a classroom with a flexible program that fits your schedule. Our Education… https://t.co/IaDDxqkEhy
Need help unlocking your dream career? Check out our Academic Upgrading program, designed to help adult students up… https://t.co/FrwgOtzeo7
Happy Monday! We have advising walk-in Monday - Friday this week at 12:30pm - 3:30pm. 📚
Here's our advising walk-in hours for the rest of the week: ✏️Today: 12:30 - 3:00pm ✏️Thursday: 10:30am - 1:30pm ✏️… https://t.co/BSDI9RlMaZ
Hoping to be part of a growing and learner-centred community? Check out our newly-posted position of Educational As… https://t.co/iAMxLL924t
We hope you had a great long weekend! Today, we have advising walk-in at 9am - 1pm. #RDCSchoolofEd
Here are our updated advising walk-in hours for the rest of the week: ✏️Today: 9am - 12pm ✏️Thursday: 1pm - 4pm *We… https://t.co/eOEqcCFDOR
Advising walk-in this week: 📚Tues: 1pm - 3:30pm 📚Wed: 9am - 12pm 📚Thurs: 1pm - 4pm 📚Fri: 1pm - 4pm Please note sche… https://t.co/ohmZjrquIf