eLearning Instructor Post-Diploma Certificate
Take your online teaching to the next level!
Full-time and part-time options available.
Teaching online presents unique opportunities. If you are responsible for teaching in your work environment, are preparing to enter the field of post-secondary education as a professional or graduate student, or are looking to develop your online teaching skills, the eLearning Instructor Certificate, offered fully online, is for you.
This certificate can be completed in 12 months of full-time study or in various part-time pathways. Designed to prepare educators for teaching in an online environment, this advanced certificate allows students to develop their ability to design high quality online learning experiences that engage learners. They will discover technology tools, explore learning theories, and enhance their online instructional skills through courses and the consolidation of learning in a Capstone Project.
Designed for individuals responsible for teaching online in K-12, post-secondary, and the workplace, this program prepares students for success in online teaching environments.
Graduates of the eLearning Instructor Certificate will develop the following knowledge and skills:
- Identify roles and responsibilities to support excellent online teaching and learning within institutional contexts.
- Communicate effectively using online course tools.
- Apply learning theories and quality standards to the development of an online course.
- Utilize online teaching tools to engage and assess student learning.
- Foster student-student, student-instructor, and student-content interaction and collaboration.
- Practice online teaching skills that increase student engagement and interactivity.
- Assess research in online teaching and learning and apply it to online teaching context.
- Choose and redevelop content for teaching in an online environment.
- Assess own facilitation of online learning environment for quality and effectiveness.
- Create an engaging, inclusive, and welcoming online learning environment.
- INTR 400: Research and Reflective Practice, January 7 – February 8
- ELRN 400: Contexts of Online Education, February 11 – March 29
- INTR 401: Quality Course Design, April 1 – May 3
- ELRN 401: Creating Community Asynchronously, May 6 – June 7
- ELRN 402: Synchronous Teaching and Tools, June 10 – July 12
- INTR 402: Assessment and Evaluation, July 22 – August 23
- ELRN 403: Gamification: Engaged Learning, September 2 – October 4
- ELRN 404: Research Integration Capstone, October 14 – December 20
Course descriptions for the eLearning Instructor Certificate can be found here.
For complete details, including admission requirements and fees, visit the Academic Calendar.
Computer requirements for online learning can be found here.
Interested in completing the Adult and Higher Education Instructor Post-Diploma Certificate too? See the graphic below for information on common courses.