Theatre Performance & Creation
While transitioning to two new applied degrees, the School of School of Creative Arts will suspend intake of the current Theatre & Entertainment Production and Theatre Performance & Creation diplomas past the 2016-17 academic year.
Click Here for more information or email us at creativearts [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Who are we…
- Career planning
- Theatre history
- Dramaturgy/ Play analysis
- Lifestyle and well-being
- Interdisciplinary arts
- Devising theatre
- An enriched fifth day is reserved for speciality intensives, industry-related events, creation sessions and one-on-one coaching with a professional theatre artist.
Why are we great…
- Solid acting blended with interdisciplinary opportunities in music, physical theatre, visual art, film, dance and creative writing allow you to explore your passion.
- Learn through collaborating with filmmakers, musicians, visual artists, directors and designers and sharing access to costumes, props, weaponry, special effects and lighting and sound equipment.
- Learn with a balance between modules of focused classroom instruction and the equally demanding practical training during production periods. This allows more personalized and focused learning through one-to-one mentoring with experts in the field.
- Intensives - speciality workshops (or intensives) are offered and taught by guest professionals and master instructors. Topics may include: mask, opera, film, clown, new media, aerial performance, voice-over, period movement, business planning and other areas of importance to the theatre artist.
- Mentorship / Field Placement Program – Whatever artist you want to be, we’ll help you connect with your professional community. Apprentice with artists from Northern Light Theatre in Edmonton, Young People's Theatre in Toronto, The Electric Company in Vancouver, shoot films and create photo collections, choreograph shows or even write plays with professional playwrights.
- Experience the world theatre through study tours to centres such as London, New York, Stratford/ Shaw, Toronto.
- Continue your training at RDC through the Motion Picture Arts applied bachelors program. Unique to Red Deer College, the Applied Degree in Motion Picture Arts offers intensive post-diploma training in Acting or Production.
- Theatre Director
- Costume Designer
- Film Director
- Make-Up Artist
- Acting Coach
- Screenplay Writer
- Script Manager
- Wardrobe Supervisor
- Casting Director