Who are we…
Music Diploma Program- Our two-year diploma provides students with core music courses, private lessons, ensembles, and specialized music options, allowing you to focus on your particular areas of interest. Our unique blend of traditional and contemporary music opportunities provides you with the utmost flexibility in pursuing your musical goals.
Music Preparatory Program- Our one-year preparatory program is for the musician who demonstrates potential but may require additional studies to attain diploma entrance requirements. Through classroom instruction and private lessons you will learn the fundamentals of listening, reading, writing, and performing music, all the while gaining valuable knowledge and sharpening your skills
Learn from four professional full time faculty and over twelve adjunct faculty who form a community of diverse and energetic instructors, each of whom is at the forefront of their discipline as a performer and pedagogue.
Collaborate with professional musicians, music industry leaders, filmmakers, and individuals in the entertainment industry.
Our program has four main components:
1. Core classes in:
- Music Theory
- Aural Skills
- Music History
- Basic Piano
- English or Communications
- Music Business
3. Large and small ensembles: Symphonic Winds, Chamber Choir, Jazz Ensemble (Big Band), Percussion Ensemble, and Jazz Combo.
4. Specialized options:
- Recording Studio Technology
- Era-specific Music History
- Music Business
Why are we great…
- Abundant performance opportunities in both solo and ensemble settings.
- Study and perform in one of the finest music venues in Western Canada. Students have access to top-end instruments and technology such as Steinway grand pianos, Musser marimbas, Roland amplifiers, iMac computers, and software such as Finale and ProTools.
- Courses in Music Business that include a minimum of 45 practicum hours!
- Small class sizes and individualized mentorship.
- You can choose to focus on Classical or Contemporary styles of music, or even a combination of both styles.
- Performance: Solo, small and large ensembles (eg. bands, orchestras) music theatre accompanying, recording artist, studio musician, conductor.
- Composition: Song writing, arranging, transcription, film scoring, computer- generated music.
- Music Business: Promotion/publicity, management, music sales, budgeting/ accounting, copyright.
- Technology: Recording engineer, sound technician, equipment maintenance and set up, concert hall technical director.
- Teaching: Private and group instruction in a home studio, private and group instruction in music academies, colleges, and universities.