We put our clients at the heart of everything we do.
|95% of our students find employment during or shortly after they complete our program.|
The legal system can be an exciting field to work in and legal assistants are the heart of it. From preparing legal documentation to working with clients, legal assistants are highly skilled administrators who assist lawyers, judges, and the public on a variety of legal matters.
See what you will learn and what our faculty and staff can offer you. If you’re interested in the Legal Assistant program but want to know more, join us as a student for a day.
- Two-year diploma with a practicum placement anywhere in Alberta.
- Quality education with low tuition and textbook costs.
- A campus that is centrally located in the heart of Red Deer, Alberta.
- Wide course offerings that that can also be applied to your own life, including purchasing a new home, creating a will, or incorporating a business.
- Training that can be used in many areas of employment:
- small and large law firms
- court houses, prosecutors’ offices
- police offices
- correctional institutions
- municipal offices
- land titles offices
- government justice departments
- oil and gas companies
- corporate offices
- Knowledgeable, committed, and approachable instructors who have experience as both legal assistants and lawyers.
- Integration of technology in all classes.
- Get a job in several different sectors.
- Receive hands-on training through practicum placements with support from instructors.
- Receive assistance with resumes and feel prepared for job interviews.
- Benefit from smaller class sizes and access to one-on-one support.
- Network with professionals working in the industry and establish community connections through volunteering.
- Work with instructors who care about you and are invested in your success.
- Be a member of our Legal Assistant Society (student-led).
- Have opportunities to receive scholarships from law firms.