Human Resources Management Graduate Certificate
What is a Graduate Certificate?
A graduate certificate offers professionals the option to gain needed skills, typically in a shorter period, through a course of study in a specific area.
The Human Resources Management Graduate Certificate is a new credential in Alberta, designed for degree holders who are seeking a career in the human resources field.
About the Program
Upon successful completion of this one year certificate program, graduates of the blended learning program will have the knowledge and practical skills to work as Human Resources professionals in a variety of settings. This program will also prepare graduates for the Chartered Professional in Human Resources Professional (CPHR) designation.
- Graduates who achieve an overall average of 70% (2.7 GPA) in the program will be able to waive the National Knowledge Exam requirements towards their CPHR designation with CCHRA member associations, pending HRIA accreditation.
- Graduates who do not achieve an overall average of 70% (2.7 GPA) in the program will be better equipped to write the National Knowledge Exam in preparation to obtain the CPHR designation.
Graduates will be able to:
- explain the importance of aligning human resources policies and practices with the organization’s overall strategy, culture, and values; be able to translate strategy into human resources objectives and priorities
- adhere to the code of ethics and standards of professional conduct that governs the profession
- identify and explain legal requirements pertaining to HR policies
- research business and technological trends to incorporate the same into HR practice
- promote and link employee engagement, commitment, and motivation of employees with strategies to enhance culture, morale, and productivity
- promote health, wellness, and safety of employees through an understanding of the relevant legislation, regulations, and standards
- apply HR technical knowledge and previously acquired skills to perform all or some of the duties listed in the National Occupational Classifications for a Human Resources and Recruitment Officer, a Human Resources Professional, or a Human Resources Manager
Where Are Classes Held?
This program is offered in a flexible delivery format, with a mix of online from the comfort of your home, and four executive weekends during which you will come to the Donald School of Business campus in downtown Red Deer.
When Does the Program Start?
Be a part of our first intake, starting August 2017 and graduating in September 2018.