|*100% of students are satisfied with the program||**Average hourly wage is $23.72|
- Develop technical skills that are top notch
- Have the ability to create a professional career portfolio
- Develop knowledge of interpersonal and written communication for the workplace
- Learn technical skills on the most current hardware and software
- Take a Personal Leaderships course and facilitate a one day conference...a great experience
- 95% overall employment rate
- 120 hours of work experience...provides another amazing experience
- Two, 13-week semesters
- Learn in class or on line
Why we are great:
- This program has passionate faculty who know the value of this position in any organization
- The Administrative Professional Certificate transfers to all Office Administration Diploma Programs in colleges in Alberta
No prior knowledge of computers is necessary. Prior work experience and learning may be recognized; Grant funding may be available.
See our official Program information.
Work Search Strategies Sheet - What can you do with an Administrative Professional Certificate? Click here for information.
If you are interested in the Administrative Professional program but want to know more, join us as a student for a day.
- Receptionist - Salary Range: $34,250 - $41,750
- Administrative Assistant - Salary Range: $39,750 - $52,000
- Office Assistant - Salary Range: $40,250 - $49,000
- Data-Entry Specialist - Salary Range: $31,500 - $38,000
- Entry-Level Administrative Assistant - Salary Range: $36,000 - $44,500
- Project Assistant - Salary Range: $43,500 - $58,000
Salary ranges from 2017 Administrative Salary Guide, www.roberthalf.ca
A typical day for today's administrative assistant can include:
- Developing a production report using spreadsheet software
- Preparing charts, slides and handouts for a management presentation
- Communicating globally via telephone, fax, or e-mail with clients
- Using the Internet to research a topic or schedule airline flights
- Developing and editing web pages
- Supervising or training a coworker