- PSIO 258 Elementary Physiology I
- PSIO 259 Elementary Physiology II
- KNSS 205 History of Sport
- KNSS 209 Measurement and Evaluation
- KNSS 244 Introduction to Nutrition
- KNSS 307 Growth and Development
- One of KNSS 203 / KNSS 253
- Up to two approved options
- KNSS 220 Introduction to Athletic Therapy
- KNSS 250 Intro to the Admin of Sport, Physical Activity, and Recreation Programs
- KNSS 260 Introduction to Coaching Theory
- KNSS 299 Directed Studies in Kinesiology and Sport Studies
- INTD 240 Integrated Arts Approach to Movement
*Participation in KNSS 280 requires that all students complete and return a participant information package in early August. If you do not receive the participant information package by the end of July please contact the Kinesiology Department at 403-342-3201.
Note: Students should plan to take KNSS 200, PSIO 258 and PSIO 259 at RDC before transferring to U of C.
Approved options should be selected after consultation with an advisor and considering the major you will choose upon transferring.
General Major Approved Options are ENGL 219 and/or PSYC 260.
Students interested in pursuing the Leadership in Pedagogy and Coaching Major at the U of C should discuss, with an academic advisor, requirements for admission to this program at U of C prior to commencement of their RDC Kinesiology program.
You must complete an after degree program in Education if you wish to become a certified teacher in Alberta. This normally qualifies you to teach in physical education and health areas, plus one or more other subject areas. Selecting proper courses during your program is important for this reason.