Upgrading at RDC
Please note that a high school diploma is not always required for admission to a degree, diploma or certificates. See the Academic Calendar for a full list of RDC program admission requirements.
- Students apply to the CAP program www.rdc.ab.ca/apply
- Once admitted students complete an English and a Math assessment online. This is not an academic test, but a snapshot of where current skills in Math and English currently lie.
- After completion of the assessments, students submit the “CAP Assessment Completion Form.” This is a form that will indicate the completion of the assessments, and allows the opportunity to indicate future program plans.
- An Advising & Recruiting Specialist will then email the results as well as a recommended schedule to help you achieve your goals.
- Students then register online for upgrading courses. Visit www.rdc.ab.ca/tt for times of this year’s courses.
It is important to always check with an Advisor about program requirements needed when upgrading. If you are upgrading to take a program at an institution other than Red Deer College, make sure to contact your desired institution regarding our upgrading courses, and if the levels offered at RDC will meet the requirements at your desired institution.
RDC HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS:
You must have 5 courses in order to qualify (3 of the 5 courses must be completed at Red Deer College). These must include:
- ENGL 090 or ENGL 095
- Mathematics 075 or higher
- Biology 075 or Chemistry 075 or Physics 075 or higher
- *Social Studies 090 or 095
- *One other course of at least 2 credits that is not a prerequisite to any of the required courses listed above course (e.g. Computing).
*not currently available at RDC
Need more information? Contact us! advisors [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca