Upgrading at RDC
Please note that a high school diploma is not always required for admission to a degree, diploma or certificates. See the Academic Calendar for a full list of RDC program admission requirements.
- Students apply to the CAP program www.rdc.ab.ca/apply
- Once admitted students complete an English and a Math assessment online. This is not an academic test, but a snapshot of where current skills in Math and English currently lie.
- After completion of the assessments, students submit the “CAP Assessment Completion Form.” This is a form that will indicate the completion of the assessments, and allows the opportunity to indicate future program plans.
- An Advising & Recruiting Specialist will then email the results as well as a recommended schedule to help you achieve your goals.
- Students then register online for upgrading courses. Visit www.rdc.ab.ca/tt for times of this year’s courses.
It is important to always check with an Advisor about program requirements needed when upgrading. If you are upgrading to take a program at an institution other than Red Deer College, make sure to contact your desired institution regarding our upgrading courses, and if the levels offered at RDC will meet the requirements at your desired institution.
RDC HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS:
You must have 5 courses in order to qualify (3 of the 5 courses must be completed at Red Deer College). These must include:
- ENGL 090 or ENGL 095
- Mathematics 075 or higher
- Biology 075 or Chemistry 075 or Physics 075 or higher
- *Social Studies 090 or 095
- *One other course of at least 2 credits that is not a prerequisite to any of the required courses listed above course (e.g. Computing).
*not currently available at RDC
Need more information? Contact us! advisors [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Need somewhere to stay this spring/summer for a conference or course? RDC residence has affordable options!… https://t.co/Re00sylKCk
New student registration begins Apr 10. For assistance please sign up for one of our registration sessions at… https://t.co/CPhFrKSxg0
Join us for the State of the College Address tomorrow at 5pm at the RDC Arts Centre. More info at… https://t.co/Pt5IPboIBc
Once your course is 75% complete you can provide feedback for your instructor. Access SFIs online via your RDC emai… https://t.co/spWyG5TeC4
Connect with RDC & learn how we impact central Alberta at the State of the College Address on March 29 at 5pm |… https://t.co/EVftyFMGqV
Provide feedback for your instructors by completing your SFI via RDC email or Blackboard for the chance to win a $1… https://t.co/OKyYnhX6JF
RT @RDCCAMPUSREC: 2day we celebrate & honor our students @ the Annual Student Recognition Awards Ceremony-event 4 students, put 2gether BY…
Calling all students: SFIs are your opportunity to provide feedback for your instructors! Access through your RDC e… https://t.co/a04WcxmXlX