NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION 2017-2018
- Step 1: Getting Started
- Step 2: Register Online through your Loop Account
- Step 3: Review Important Info
- Step 4: Do you have previous Transfer Credit?
- Step 5: Career Planning
- Step 6: Request a Registration Review
- Advising Contacts
NEXT STEPS GUIDE - A monthly to-do list, upcoming important dates and deadlines, registration information, contact information and more
If you have questions in regards to your application and/or admission to your program please contact admissions [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (Admissions)
Step One: Getting Started and Accessing your Loop Account
Welcome to Red Deer College! There are some important things you need to know before you register for classes. The following instructions on this page apply to students who have been admitted (either clearly or conditionally) into the following programs for the 2017-2018 Academic Year:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Education Elementary - including Middle Years
- Bachelor of Education Secondary
- Bachelor of Science (all majors with the exception of Bsc Nursing and Bsc Engineering)
- Educational Assistant
- Early Learing and Childcare
- Management Certificate
- Open Studies
If you are admitted to the following program, you will need to meet with the advisor at the Donald School of Business (dsbinfo [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca) before registering.
- Bachelor of Business Administration Program (BBA)
If you are admitted to the Academic Upgrading program, you will not be able to register until you have completed the online assessments. Please go to www.rdc.ab.ca/upgrading for your registration process.
What do you need?
Logging into The Loop
Your Loop account is the main resource for all activities involving choosing and registering in courses.
• You will need to access your account before you can register for courses
• Review the Loop password recovery process, contact the Service Centre at 403.342.3580 or via servicedesk [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (email) if you are unable to log into your Loop account
Step Two: Register Online through your Loop Account
Click on the Registration tab and go to the Advising & Recruiting Centre channel:
- Read the the HOW TO REGISTER section.
- Print your scheduling grid and use your Academic Planning Guide to find the courses you need to take.
- Review the information in your School channel for program specific information, walk-in times and more
Step Three: Review Important Information
Review the following:
• Academic Schedule : Be aware of important dates and deadlines (first day of classes, tuition due dates, course add/drop, withdrawal deadlines, final exam week, etc)
• Academic Policies : As a student, what are your obligations and responsibilities?
• Alberta Transfer Guide : Check transferability of your courses to Alberta universities.
• Registration Checklist : Use to ensure you have completed all the items required.
Step Four: Do you have previous Transfer Credit?
If you have previously attended another post-secondary institution and you wish to have your transcripts assessed for credit at RDC you will need to apply for prior learning. Do this early as there may be implications upon what courses you do or do not take.
Step Five: Career Planning
Unsure of what you want to do with your degree or diploma program? Contact the Career Counselling Centre for guidance with career research and decision making. You can stop in to see them in Room 1402, or send an employmentservices [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (e-mail) for more information.
Step Six: Request a Registration Review
Once you have completed your registration, you have the opportunity to request an Advisor to review your course choices as they pertain to your program. In the Advising & Recruiting Centre channel, there is a link to the Registration Review form. Fill out the information required and submit. An Advisor will get back to you within 5-7 business days.
If you have questions about your registration please contact your program advisor. Please include your RDC ID# (found on your admission letter)
Phone queue: 403.342.3585 (for general information select extension 7)
School of Arts &Sciences
(BSc, BA, MSPC, OPEN, ENGG, SOWK) ext 1
Joseph Fittes, Carmen Cookson-Hills Room 2203 Email: artscienceinfo [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Donald School of Business
Call 403.342.3585 ext 2 to book an appointment
(BCOM, BADM, BUMC, BBA, LEGL, UNIT, APRO)
Cindy Ruzycki, Marie Litwinski Room DSB 503H Email: dsbinfo [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
School of Creative Arts
(BFA, VART, MPA,MUSD) ext 3
Courtney Johnston Room AC 142 Email: creativearts [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
School of Education
(BEdE, BEDS, BEdS/BSc, ELCC, EDAS, Academic Upgrading) ext 4
Verna Penner Room 2510 Email: education [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
School of Health Sciences
(BSNr, PN, OPTA, KNSS, MLAC, PHTC) ext 5
Daniel Bustamante, Kristine Parsons Room 1509 Email: healthsciences [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
School of Trades and Technologies
(EET, IET, MET, Apprenticeship) ext 6
Carla Hedin Room 2915-F Email: tradesandtechnologies [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca