Full-Time Post-Secondary Funding

The federal and provincial governments financially assist students in achieving their post-secondary educational goals by providing student loans and/or grants.  Before you apply, consider the following:

  • Are you seeking funding for high school level upgrading classes?  
    The information on this webpage is solely for post-secondary level courses.  Click here for funding information for upgrading classes.
  • In order to apply for Alberta Student Aid funding, you must meet the Alberta residency requirements.  
    If you do not meet these requirements, you must seek funding through the province in which you are considered a resident.  Click here for the provincial and territorial funding options for non-Alberta residents. 
  • You must be registered or plan to register in a full-time course load

Applications for the upcoming 2017-2018 academic year are available online at www.studentaid.alberta.ca


Student Loan Checklist

Appealing Your Student Loan

Free Student Loan Workshops

FAQs, Myths & Misconceptions



Funding Options for Non-Alberta Residents

Application forms for most provinces and territories are available online.  Select your province or territory from the list below for information on application procedures and eligibility criteria.  International Students must seek funding through the country in which they are a citizen, permanent resident, or convention refugee. 



Student Funding & Awards Office
Room 1102 | RDC
Box 5005 - 100 College Blvd, Red Deer, AB  T4N 5H5
t: 403.342.3254 | f: 403.342.3262 | e: financialaid [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca