We are pleased to offer credit and trades students at RDC a personal email account on Office 365. The email account will generally be active within 24 hours of registration in courses.
The intent of the personal email is twofold; first, use it as you like to communicate with family, friends or fellow students. Second, the Office of the Registrar will begin to use this email exclusively as the official correspondence from our office. Official correspondence may include important information such as your Academic Standing at the end of a term, your admission into a new program, or to alert you to new or existing services that we offer.
We strongly encourage you to make use of your personal email account by logging in daily or by forwarding your RDC email account to an email account of your choice (e.g. Yahoo or Hotmail, etc). The resources listed below will help you to get your email account up and running so that you can begin to use it right away.
To log on to your RDC email account from inside or outside the College:
- Login to TheLoop
- Your User Name is your first initial and last name (e.g. Franklin Smith would be fsmith)
- If this format does not work for you, contact the RDC Services Desk at 403.342.3580 or email servicedesk [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
- If this is the first time logging in, your password will be your date of birth in YYYYMonDD format (e.g. May 5, 1986 = 1986May05)
- Once you are logged in, select the Email icon on the main menu bar
To log on to Office 365 directly:
- Go to Login.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your full RDC email address which is Firstname [dot] Lastname [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (some students will have a number after their first name where more than one person with that name has been at RDC). You can find your RDC email account in the top left hand corner of TheLoop.
- Enter your normal password
To forward your RDC email to another email account:
- Forward your email instructions
If you have any problems or questions please contact the Service Desk:
t: 403.342.3580 | e: servicedesk [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Office: IT Service Desk, Room 814