Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
Workplace Communication & Skills for Newcomers
- Do you have staff who are new immigrants?
- Are they experiencing challenges with workplace communication?
- Could they benefit from Canadian workplace culture training?
- Is the turnover of your immigrant employees higher than necessary?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions then this training can help!
Our two-level program focuses on employability and workplace skills and includes:
- Canadian workplace culture
- Computer use and research skills
- Telephone etiquette, time management, and team work
- Workplace communication, understanding feedback, and resolving conflict
- Interview strategies
- How to effectively seek promotion within the workplace
- Employer presenters
- First aid training (CPR-A and AED) and WHMIS.
- Optional workplace experience
Referring your employees to this program will help them become more confident in their performance and competent representatives of your business.
This training is FREE for both your company and your eligible employees*. Participants will be assessed for language proficiency and required immigration status.
For more information contact Red Deer\'s Immigrant Centre 403.346.8818
*Note: This course is not available for Temporary Foreign Workers or Canadian Citizens.
Connect with us
This site is best viewed with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 10.