Pre-Employment Trades Program
100% would recommend the program to others*
"I had zero experience. I enrolled in the program and got a job right out of school."**
Pre-Employment is a way to prepare yourself for future employment in the industry of your choice. The Pre-Employment Trades programs in steamfitter/pipefitter, electrical and welding will prepare you to enter the workforce and give you an advantage when competing for entry-level employment in the trades. You do not require experience or to be employed as an apprentice to be a part of these unique, specialized programs.
- Receive first-year Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) technical training
- Gain practical experience in the shop
- Earn two industry tickets
- Build a trades resume and learn how to sell your skills to a potential employer
- Complete first-year AIT exam
- Establish a network within your trade and community
- RDC stamp of approval proves you have the appropriate skills, knowledge and ability to succeed
- Greater chance of obtaining a job in the industry
- Meet AIT entrance requirements
- Complete application form
- $200 non-refundable deposit due at registration
- Course fees due one month prior to start date
- Payment plan available (inquire with registration)
- Attend either 34-week or 12-week program
- Maintain Alberta Industry Training attendance of 36 hours/six-day mandatory requirement
- CSA-approved personal protective equipment is required for the practical component of each trade.
- Limited seats are available for each program
(34-week or 12-week format)
|Electricians install, alter, repair and maintain electrical systems that provide heat, light power, signal or fire alarms for all types of buildings and structures. Electricians may be involved in construction or maintenance, or work in residential, commercial, institutional or industrial settings.|
(34-week or 12-week format)
|Welders are needed in fabrication, construction and maintenance repair industries. They join and sever metal components used in the manufacture and repair of thousands of critical applications in today's society. Welders use a variety of welding processes such as electric arc, or oxy-acetylene, or more sophisticated processes such as electron beam or lasers.|
|Pre-Employment Steam Fitter/Pipefitter
(34-week format only)
|Steamfitter/pipefitters deal with installation, maintenance and repair of piping systems. They lay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating and other processes.|
A payment plan is available. Please inquire at the time of registration.
Red Deer College offers scholarships, awards and bursaries for Pre-Employment students. See current opportunities.
Métis Pre-Employment Carpentry Program
Métis individuals can train for employment with the Métis Pre-Employment Carpentry program! This program is designed for those interested in working in the carpentry trade as a first-year apprentice. Get the theoretical knowledge, safety tickets and practical experience needed to have a strong competitive edge when seeking employment.
The program will include fourteen weeks of training with RDC followed by eight weeks of paid work experience with a selected industry partner. For more information on the Métis Pre-Employment Carpentry program, contact the School of Continuing Education at 403.356.4900. To apply, visit the Rupertsland Institute online at www.metisemployment.ca.
Current course offerings will be posted below. Registration for this program requires an application to be submitted in person, by email to reg [dot] coned [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca or by fax to 403.357.3660. The $200 deposit must accompany the application.
*From 2013/2014 RDC program and service review
**Welder, Spring 2016
Innovative, client-focused training solutions will engage your team in a culture of learning with measurable results https://t.co/nONN8wkdlB
Register today for Making the Re-markable Series course starting Jul 25! New instructor Gale Woodhouse's website: https://t.co/EbdWJUyEea
RT @RedDeerCollege: We hope this week's Summer Campers enjoyed their time here! Here's a quick peek into Teen Film Camp & Animation Camp ht…
A certificate program prepares you for the next step- a boost or shift in your career rdc/ab.ca/continuing-education https://t.co/qw1sc9460o
New instructor for Making the Re-markable Series course - studio potter/sculptor Gale Woodhouse! View her website: https://t.co/EbdWJUyEea