Blue Seal Program
Achievement in Business Competencies (Blue Seal) Program
If you have a valid Alberta Journeyman Certificate, Alberta Occupational Certificate or a valid recognized trade certificate you are eligible to apply for a Blue Seal Certificate.
The Blue Seal Certificate is geared for certified tradespeople who want to develop their business skills. A Blue Seal Certificate is evidence that a tradesperson not only meets Alberta’s high industry standards, but has the knowledge and drive to succeed in business. Tradespeople who complete the Blue Seal program may move into leadership, supervisory, entrepreneurial and other roles.
There are 18 business subject areas you may study.
To obtain a Blue Seal Certificate you must:
- complete a program of study approved by the Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board, or
- complete 150 hours of study in one or more of the subject areas provided by an approved training provider, and
- fully complete the Blue Seal Application and submit it for registration,
- have an Alberta Student Number (ASN) is required to apply for programs and services. To find or obtain an ASN, visit the Alberta Education website for more information.
- pay the $50.00 non-refundable application fee as part of the application process,
- Submit official transcripts and supporting documentation during the application process.
Many Business courses delivered by Red Deer College will be considered. Contact your nearest Apprenticeship and Industry Training office for more information.
Board-approved programs for partial credit toward a Blue Seal Certificate
Project Managers are in high demand in Alberta! With our Fast Track program you can get complete all 7 courses in 3… https://t.co/B1QDnnUpzr
Behind the scenes at RDC Summer Sport Camps is Morgan an Assistant Volleyball coach. She is ALSO an RDC student com… https://t.co/tx7klOozrt
Did you know the average salary for a Power Engineer in Alberta is $87,932? Start your journey in September:… https://t.co/bOJ9UhqQ8c
RDC doesn’t slow down in the summer! We have summer programs for youth ranging from science, to sport, to arts, to… https://t.co/uVNIwv8Bgr
RT @antlercarver: Just wrapped a great week at Red Deer College teaching Antler Carving to six great students. Here’s an article in the loc…
If you're a teen wanting to pursing filmmaking, consider next summer's film camp & learn the ropes on a real film s… https://t.co/wKrrLogQPy
Junior Chefs learned that it's not just about making food taste delicious, but presenting it beautifully too!… https://t.co/brEZIEkHW7
RT @RedDeerCollege: Looking for a different spot to hangout on campus? Try the fishbowl located on the second floor of the Arts Centre. The…
Pre-employment electrical starts in September! Register soon to increases your chances of employment in the trades:… https://t.co/4uR3uxxLyE