Project Management Program
|The average annual salary for a Project Manager is approximately $86,000.*||All courses qualify toward the required hours for the CAPM® and PMP® designations.|
The Mount Royal University Project Management Certificate is being revised for Winter 2018 (January 2, 2018), due to the release of the new PMBOK® Guide - Sixth Edition. Students who have already started that wish to complete the full certificate program must complete all courses in the certificate for the 5th Edition by the end of the Fall 2017 (December 18, 2017) semester. The Mount Royal University Final Assessment Paper, completed directly through Mount Royal University, can be completed in Winter 2018 (January to April 2018).
RDC is proud to offer the award-winning Mount Royal University Project Management Certificate.
Knowledgeable and skilled project managers are critical to the success of any organization. Develop your skills in one of today’s most in-demand careers with the Project Management Certificate. Each of the required courses is based on concepts from the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (pmBOK® Guide) - Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013, a widely recognized international standard in the project management profession.
- Successful completion of program develops introductory-level project management skills for those wanting to pursue a formal role of project management or for those on project teams.
- Provides foundation to prepare for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CApm)® or Project Management Professional (pmP)® designations
- All course hours qualify as credit toward the required hours of Project Management training for both the CApm® and pmP® designations.
- Program is eligible toward Blue Seal Certification
- To earn your certificate, successfully complete the six required courses (90 hours) from Red Deer College plus the Final Assessment Paper.
- Final Assessment can only be taken directly through MRU. Visit www.mtroyal.ca for complete details.
- Recommended that Project Management: An Overview is taken prior to any other courses
- All courses are available as stand-alone learning opportunities. Take one course or work on the entire certificate at your own pace.
- PM - An Overview
- PM - Quality Management
- PM - Integration & Scope Management
- PM - Human Resources/Communications
- PM - Time & Cost Management
- PM - Risk & Procurement
- Final Assessment (available from MRU)
Textbook: Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide), 5th Edition. Available at the RDC Campus Store.
*According to PayScale Human Capital
Interested in project management training specific to the construction industry? Learn more about our new Project Management in Construction Certificate.
This program qualifies for government funding. Enrol one or more employees in the program and pay only one-third of the cost with the Canada-Alberta Job Grant! Apply at least 30 days in advance.
Current course offerings will be posted below. Click on the link to register, or call 403.357.3663 and have your course number ready.
Hope you had a great weekend in this big bold beautiful province. Happy Victoria Day. https://t.co/qEaWDZyqrS
At a crossing on life? 2017/2018 professional development course listings coming in June. https://t.co/VATw6S6aI9
Do you have an aspiring cook? We have a camp for them. Cooking Camps | Red Deer College https://t.co/4qJSfQ93ce
Alberta Band Association Provincial Festival of Bands @ RDC. Buses full of Alberta talent coming & going rain or sh… https://t.co/Yr465J6LkH
Cool evening, time for a cup of tea & summer dreaming. Series Summer Arts School https://t.co/AME5J6FY43
Pre-employment electrical student comments. Great classrooms - it is what we do! https://t.co/DsI8ipf7dS
Being prepared is critical - just in case, let's all take some time to be ready. https://t.co/3RW9w4qiRQ
A pretty cool opportunity for students! Such a great way to build your resumes, work on an amazing project, and con… https://t.co/tStLypxluS
Our Project Management in Construction program will be running again this fall. Stay tuned for registration details. https://t.co/1mkbeC8dC1