Research Ethics Board
Red Deer College and the Red Deer College Research Ethics Board (REB) are committed to ensuring research at the College is conducted with the highest ethical standards. Together, they promote ethical conduct to ensure that the rights of human participants in research are respected and protected. The REB is dedicated to developing student and faculty competencies in research activities by ensuring research is conducted according to the Tri-Council Policy Statement 2 (2014) as well as College research policies and practices.
The REB was formed at the mandate of the President to:
- Help protect participants and researchers involved in any type of research against any form of psychological or physical abuse
- Educate researchers
- Review and monitor research proposals and projects
The REB assists the individual researcher to identify and solve ethical problems, not by acting as a censor or by imposing limits on academic freedom.
This website provides you with the information needed to obtain ethics approval for your research project, reviews common questions regarding the ethics approval process, and provides resources and forms needed for an ethics application submission.
Contact us if you have questions about:
- completing the ethics application
- an application currently under review
- visiting a class or meeting to talk about research ethics