Centre for Teaching and Learning
Who We Are
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is an academic area that inspires excellence and advances a teaching and learning culture for Red Deer College.
As educational innovators and change agents for the College, the CTL team demonstrates a commitment to our learners and focuses on all aspects of learner-centred practices at a post-secondary institution. This purpose aligns with the strong and intentional message found in Red Deer College's Strategic Plan, Comprehensive Institutional Plan, and Academic Plan- all which articulate a commitment to academic excellence and a learner-centred culture.
Principles of Practice
- We foster transformative learning experiences for all learners
- We are driven by evidence-based practice and decision making
- We encourage innovation and growth in teaching and learning
- We build our work on strategic, systemic and sustainable processes
- We believe and support that education is a key to reconciliation
- We respect diversity and develop inclusive learning environments
- We build and maintain relationships that lead to learner success
Connect with Us
We welcome you to work in our space (913C) which offers open areas for collaboration, independent work, and a sound room for multimedia development.