RDC Faculty share research at Fall Showcase
Red Deer College faculty will share teaching and learning projects as well as scholarly research findings at an upcoming Fall Showcase. This event will provide an informal opportunity for the College community to interact with instructors and discuss their scholarly activities, including the research they are engaged in outside of classroom teaching.
The Fall Showcase will take place:
Wednesday, November 9 | 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Centre for Teaching & Learning | Room 913C | RDC Main Campus (see map)
Drop-in format | Light refreshments provided
Fall Showcases will include:
- Dr. Elena Antoniadis, School of Arts and Sciences: Online Course Development: Lessons and Impact
- Dr. Steve Lane, Associate Vice-President, Academic: In Wordsworth's Footsteps: Hiking from Grasmere
- Brad McDiarmid, Centre for Teaching and Learning, and Brandon Ostrass, School of Trades and Technologies: The New Blackboard Online Course Template and Locksmith Online
- Yvonne Phillips, Library Information Common: Mindset: Believing is achieving, or, why is this book always checked out?
- Gaylene Potter, Brandi Ward, Terri Granigan, Candi Raudebaugh, School of Health Sciences, and Cindy Brooks, School of Arts and Sciences: Teaching Interprofessional Communication as an Interprofessional Team
- Dr. Dustin Quirk, Donald School of Business/School of Trades and Technologies: A 3-Year Study on the Effects of a Corporate Social Responsibility Course on Business Student Attitudes (Work in Progress)
- Dr. Krista Robson and Rozalyn Vickery, School of Arts and Sciences: The RDC Research Common and You!
- Candi Raudebaugh, School of Health Sciences: Fostering Resilience in Post-Secondary Students
- Brenda Stevenett and Raelene Schatschneider, Donald School of Business: Unit Clerk Online
- Dr. Jeff Wigelsworth, School of Arts and Sciences: Political imposition and institutional autonomy in the University of Oxford in the 18th century
The Fall Showcase is collaboratively organized by members of the Centre for Teaching and Learning and RDC Faculty Professional Development, in conjunction with members of the Research and Scholarship Committee, the Library Information Common and the Research Common.
– 30 –
For additional information contact:
Communications Consultant - Corporate
President & CEO Joel Ward shares how RDC helps to strengthen & enrich region’s intellectual, economic, cultural & s… https://t.co/899MI7w3Gz
Minister Marlin Schmidt and former Board Chair Shelley Ralston welcome RDC's new Board Chair, Morris Flewwelling… https://t.co/OnRQQK90Pf
Shelley Ralston shares how Board decisions are based on impact to current and future learners and communities RDC s… https://t.co/EnRhm9hGc2
Robin Chiles, student member on RDC’s Board of Governors, welcomes Marlin Schmidt, Minister of Advanced Education… https://t.co/IAVlFc2cL7
Are you coming to RDC this Fall and want to have the full college experience? Apply for RDC Residence! Visit… https://t.co/UXxiWgBFXN
State of the College Address | Today fr 5pm to 6 pm | Mainstage | RDC Arts Centre | Join us, everyone is welcome! |… https://t.co/7IwYv6xwfl
Need somewhere to stay this spring/summer for a conference or course? RDC residence has affordable options!… https://t.co/Re00sylKCk
New student registration begins Apr 10. For assistance please sign up for one of our registration sessions at… https://t.co/CPhFrKSxg0
Join us for the State of the College Address tomorrow at 5pm at the RDC Arts Centre. More info at… https://t.co/Pt5IPboIBc