The Ins and Outs of RDC
College is one of the most rewarding experiences and it will help shape your future decisions. You’ll learn new things, make connections, expand your knowledge, and most likely eat a lot of macaroni and cheese. It’s also a time when you’ll be challenged, stressed, pushed to your limits, and you’ll pull a few all-nighters. But we want to make sure you have the best experiences while you’re here! To make the transition to college an easy one, we’re going to share some of the ins and outs at RDC with you. Ready? Let’s break it down!
- Theloop.rdc.ab.ca – Bookmark it, memorize it, use it! TheLoop is the communication tool between students and RDC. You can access Blackboard, RDC email, awards and scholarship information, important announcements, events, and much more!
- iCard – Your iCard is essential. It’s a multi-purpose card that serves as your student I.D., extends library privileges, athletics equipment rental and memberships purchases from Students’ Association and campus merchants.
- Cashiers Office – Looking to pay fees and tuition, get your iCard, or more? Visit the Cashiers.
- Registrar's Office – Here you can register for courses, add/drop courses, cancel enrolment, request transcripts, or change your program of study.
- Campus Security – They have your back! Staff are available to provide medical and emergency response, Safewalk Service, lost and found, motorist assistance, and campus directions.
- Student Advising & Recruiting Centre – Need advice about your education? Student Advising & Recruiting Specialists can help you make the right decisions. Visit them during walk in hours.
- Student Funding & Awards – Let’s face it, College can be expensive. Student Funding & Awards can help ease your financial hardships with a variety of awards, scholarship and bursaries, funding options, and tips on budgeting and managing your finances
- Counselling & Career Centre – Did you know that they offer a variety of free and confidential services for students? Professional counsellors are on campus to assist students to overcome personal struggles and help increase their wellness. They can also help students create a great resume, cover letter, job search and help with interview skills to land the dream job!
- Indigenous Student Services – An on campus resource that facilities academic, social and cultural support for Frist nations, Metis, Inuit and Non-Status learners of RDC.
- Getting Active – Get your sweat on in the Train Station!
- Document Centre – Need something printed? The Document Centre is your on campus print shop.
- Parking and Alternative Transportation – There are many options when it comes to getting to RDC. If you’re driving, student parking can be purchased online. You can also join our carpool program, take the bus (which departs RDC every 30 minutes), or cycle!
- Student Life and Campus Recreation – They are your one-stop shop to student recreation at RDC! Make the most of your time by letting loose and having some fun. Head to The Living Room and find what you need to make this the best year of your life!
- The Living Room – The ‘it’ place for students to hangout! Play ping pong, board games, video games, meet new friends and register for events here.
- Student Ambassador Program – Develop your personal and professional leadership skills while fostering leadership, community mindedness and volunteerism. Stop by The Living Room for details and to attend an Ambassador Information session.
- Campus Store – Textbooks, supplies, RDC swag and more! Did you know you can get your textbooks delivered to your door? That’s right. Game changer.
- IT Service Desk – Trouble logging into TheLoop? They can help.
- Health, Safety and Wellness Centre – Helping to build a safe, healthy and caring learning environment for you. Stop by and visit them anytime – walk-ins are welcome!
- Library Information Common – A combined social study area, the Library contains individual work spaces, group project rooms, a quiet study zone, and is home to RDC’s Makerspace. You’ll probably be spending a lot of time here!
- Academic Support and Disability Resources – They offer a full range of services to help students achieve their full potential. Free Professional Tutoring and Peer Tutor Programs are available!
- Students’ Association – Created by students, for students. They provide a positive educational experience, personal growth and memorable experiences for you!
- Serenity Zone – A room dedicated to meditation, quiet reflection, or prayer for our students, staff and faculty. Open 8:30 am – 4:30 pm in Room 2400. During evenings, weekends and holidays, you may request a key from the main Security Desk (picture ID required).
- Makerspace – Get your creative juices flowing here, a place where people gather to create, envision, and work on projects while sharing ideas, knowledge, and equipment, using a variety of tools and materials. Open to all RDC students and community!
Now you're in the know and can make the most of your time at RDC! Still have further questions? Feel free to send an email to inquire [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.