5 reasons why you'll want to attend New Student Orientation
Let’s face it – starting anything new in life is super exciting and a little terrifying. We’re here to tell you that starting your first year of College isn’t any different, but we’re also here to help you out and make it a smooth and easy transition!
By attending New Student Orientation, you’ll be two steps ahead of your classmates. You’ll learn the ins and outs of RDC and campus life all in one day! Think of New Student Orientation like the answers to your final exam. Yep, you’re welcome.
New Student Orientation will allow you to:
- Meet and connect with students. You’re not the only one that’s going through this new journey. New Student Orientation is a huge opportunity to meet and connect with others who are just as excited (and anxious) as you are.
- Introduce you to your School, program and faculty. College is a lot more than just late study nights, macaroni and cheese meals, and evenings spent at the Far Side. The whole reason for going to College is to explore your education journey and take a step towards your future. Why not meet the instructors that will help you achieve those goals right from the get-go?
- Learn about services and resources available to you as a student. Did you know you have access to more than 25 different kinds of services? From the Fitness Center to the Library Information Common, Campus Recreation, Counselling and Career Centre and the Makerspace, we’ve got you covered.
- Explore campus. You’ll have the chance to discover campus the way you want to. Wander the halls, find your classes, check out the best study spots, and places to hangout, and tour the new Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre. You’ll also find out where you can access all of the available student services.
- Show how you can have a life outside of the classroom. We want you to have the best College experience in and outside of the classroom, and we’ll share how you can!
If you’d like to kick off your school year right, register to attend New Student Orientation. Questions about New Student Orientation? Feel free to call us at 403-342-3400 or email orientation [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.