The Faculty Association of RDC (FARDC) represents a membership of over 400 Instructors, Counsellors and Librarians at Red Deer College.
To foster a positive environment in the College by facilitating the pursuit of teaching excellence and by promoting the professional and personal growth and well-being of its members.
- To encourage cooperation among members of the Association.
- To promote and support the professional development of the members of the Association.
- To act as the bargaining agent for the members of the Association within the meaning of the Colleges Act and to provide formal channels for collective bargaining with the Employer on all matters related to working conditions.
- To foster good relations between the Association and other College bodies, including but not limited to the Board of Governors, the Administration, CUPE, Support Staff, and the Students’ Association.
- To communicate and co-operate with Academic Staff Associations of other institutions, and with organizations which have similar interests.
- To deal with other matters congruent with the interests of the Association or its members.
- To promote awareness of and adherence to an explicitly defined set of Professional Standards for members of the Association.
- To safeguard the professional and personal well-being of the members of the Association.