Plan your Professional Development for 16/17
Start planning your professional development for 2016-2017!
The next EFG intake is March 15
Contact one of our PD Consultants to review your application before the deadline. Last year, 70 EFG applications were submitted and over $200,000 in grants were awarded.
The competition is heating up!
Make sure your application is sucessful by submitting early and getting feedback from apdconsultants [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca ( PD )pdconsultants [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (Consultant.)
New for 2016-2017
- The definition of technology has been expanded to allow for tools appropriate to an instructor's discipline. Examples include binoculars, welding equipment, and a distillation apparatus. As with all funding applications, a detailed rationale must be provided. The purchase of tools is a taxable benefit. All technology purchases (including tools) are subject to the one application per year limit. Tools for use by students will not be approved.
- Extended Funding Grants for Education are capped at $5,000 per year
PD at a Glance
- Individual allotments for full time faculty. Part time faculty are pro-rated based on workload.
|Academic - $3000||Trades : $4200|
- Purchases of media (books and software) using Individual Allotments are capped at $2000.
- Purchases of technology and tools as taxable benefits are capped at $2000.
- Professional development activities no longer require the creation or submission of PD Profiles.
- Intake dates for Extended Funding Grant Applications are
|Sept.15||Nov. 15||Jan. 15||Mar. 15||May 15|
- EFGs are capped at $10,000 per member per year. Education EFGs are capped at $5,000 per member per year.
- EFG Awards are typically $5,000 a piece. However, activities that have exceptional value to the college or are from an under-represented domain of scholarly activity are eligible for up to $10,000.
- Group on Campus grants are now called Group PD Event Funding. Events must be within 40km of the Red Deer city centre.
Change to RDC Travel Policy
Faculty and staff travelling to the United States...
Daily meal maximums are now in USD instead of CAD. For example, the daily meal maximum for travel to the US is $75 USD, compared to $75 CAD before this change.
Maximum meal expenses in other countries and currencies are determined based on the most recent National Joint Council Rates.
Risk Information for International Travels
When travel is approved by the college it is "conditionally approved" depending on travel advisories.
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Office: Research Common in Library
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Office: 913C -11
Leanne [dot] Vig [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Mondays / Wednesdays
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Bill [dot] Petrosenko [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Find the Answers to Your PD Questions
Forms for Professional Development are available on the Forms Index.
Need help with EFG applications or ideas for conferences, see our PD Consultants: Leanne Vig and Bill Petrosenko. Leanne can be contacted at Leanne [dot] Vig [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca. Bill can be contacted at Bill [dot] Petrosenko [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.
Join us tonight for Divine Madness: The Films of Paul Boultbee | Welikoklad Event Centre Cinema | 7:00 pm | FREE |… https://t.co/RCQ0OdAcdA
"RDC’s newly funded projects will support our green energy master plan and reduce our carbon footprint” – RDC Presi… https://t.co/5fKPJvpuSi
RDC also welcomes Minister of Advanced Education, Marlin Schmidt, bringing messages from the Province of Alberta… https://t.co/rzaZCPdSRx
RDC welcomes Parliamentary Secretary, Randy Boissonnault, who is here on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains… https://t.co/OZZZNduFlz
Divine Madness: The Films of Paul Boultbee | Jan 20 & 21 | Welikoklad Event Centre Cinema | 7:00 pm | FREE | Info… https://t.co/W6l8zv1rRj
Divine Madness: The Films of Paul Boultbee | Jan 20 & 21 | Welikoklad Event Centre Cinema | 7:00 pm | FREE | Info… https://t.co/KI6cJg1W6Z
RT @rdpl: Spread the word and help Red Deer win! Last year we had the most readers in Alberta. This year let's show the nation our love of…