Spring 2017 Faculty PD Conference
Our Path Towards Reconciliation
Join us as we bring together numerous regional Aboriginal speakers and Elders to talk about Truth and Reconciliation, residential schools, intergenerational trauma, supporting indigenous learners in the classroom and more.
June 7th and 8th
New for 2016-2017
- The definition of technology has been expanded to allow for tools appropriate to an instructor's discipline. Examples include binoculars, welding equipment, and a distillation apparatus. As with all funding applications, a detailed rationale must be provided. The purchase of tools is a taxable benefit. All technology purchases (including tools) are subject to the one application per year limit. Tools for use by students will not be approved.
- Extended Funding Grants for Education are capped at $5,000 per year
PD at a Glance
- Individual allotments for full time faculty. Part time faculty are pro-rated based on workload.
|Academic - $3000||Trades : $4200|
- Purchases of media (books and software) using Individual Allotments are capped at $2000.
- Purchases of technology and tools as taxable benefits are capped at $2000.
- Professional development activities no longer require the creation or submission of PD Profiles.
- Intake dates for Extended Funding Grant Applications are
|Sept.15||Nov. 15||Jan. 15||Mar. 15||May 15|
- EFGs are capped at $10,000 per member per year. Education EFGs are capped at $5,000 per member per year.
- EFG Awards are typically $5,000 a piece. However, activities that have exceptional value to the college or are from an under-represented domain of scholarly activity are eligible for up to $10,000.
- Group on Campus grants are now called Group PD Event Funding. Events must be within 40km of the Red Deer city centre.
Change to RDC Travel Policy
Faculty and staff travelling to the United States...
Daily meal maximums are now in USD instead of CAD. For example, the daily meal maximum for travel to the US is $75 USD, compared to $75 CAD before this change.
Maximum meal expenses in other countries and currencies are determined based on the most recent National Joint Council Rates.
Risk Information for International Travels
When travel is approved by the college it is "conditionally approved" depending on travel advisories.
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Office: Research Common in Library
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Office: 913C -11
Leanne [dot] Vig [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Mondays / Wednesdays
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Bill [dot] Petrosenko [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Find the Answers to Your PD Questions
Forms for Professional Development are available on the Forms Index.
Need help with EFG applications or ideas for conferences, see our PD Consultants: Leanne Vig and Bill Petrosenko. Leanne can be contacted at Leanne [dot] Vig [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca. Bill can be contacted at Bill [dot] Petrosenko [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.
Apply today for RDC’s studio-based Visual Art Diploma or Bachelor of Fine Arts (University Transfer). Visit… https://t.co/YeEFQGoH8p
It's our last week of gift card giveaways! Have you shared your reason for choosing RDC yet? Tell us using… https://t.co/13JE3GlWbe
Congrats to RDC Electrician instructor Terry Welch for receiving the 2016 Top Instructor Award | Full story:… https://t.co/jplmhvsDSd
Last week to register for Convocation! The deadline to submit the application is April 28. Info:… https://t.co/2YVQPBkJZ6