RDC’s Future: Serving our Region as a Polytechnic University
Everything we do now, plus granting our own degrees.
Polytechnic Universities are comprehensive institutions offering professional, career-focused programs in the arts, social and related behavioral sciences, health & wellness, business, engineering, education and trades and technology.
A Polytechnic University engages students in active, applied learning and research essential to the future of society, business and industry.
Why does Polytechnic University status make sense for RDC?
- Community demand
- Strong population growth in central Alberta
- Ability to grant our own degrees
- Improve local opportunities so students no longer need to leave our region to complete their post-secondary education
- Allows us to maintain our current strength of offering a comprehensive mix of programs (including trades and technology)
- Red Deer is the largest centre in Western Canada without a degree-granting institution* within a one hour commute
Benefits of a Polytechnic University
- Growth in programming: including our own degrees
- Comprehensive programming: certificates, diplomas, applied degrees, collaborative degrees, adult upgrading, trades, apprenticeship, continuing education
- Applied research and learning connected to industry, business and society
- Career and employment focus
- Economic development
- Increased post-secondary participation
- Recognized as designation around the world
- Reduced cost – living away from home to complete a degree costs a student or their family an extra $28,000 compared to a student living at home
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Office of the President at 403.342.3259.
Apply today for RDC’s studio-based Visual Art Diploma or Bachelor of Fine Arts (University Transfer). Visit… https://t.co/YeEFQGoH8p
It's our last week of gift card giveaways! Have you shared your reason for choosing RDC yet? Tell us using… https://t.co/13JE3GlWbe
Congrats to RDC Electrician instructor Terry Welch for receiving the 2016 Top Instructor Award | Full story:… https://t.co/jplmhvsDSd
Last week to register for Convocation! The deadline to submit the application is April 28. Info:… https://t.co/2YVQPBkJZ6