2019 Canada Winter Games & RDC
- Games Operations “Hub” providing core operational support to the Games, including everything from information technology to entertainment to recreational venues.
- Event Venues and Ancillary Training Performance Venues including short track speed skating, badminton, wheelchair basketball, figure skating and squash, hosted at the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre/Centre des Jeux du Canada Gary W. Harris. This facility will also support athlete training and associated needs.
- Athletes’ Village hosting and housing nearly 3,600 athletes in RDC’s residence buildings. Visit the Residence page to learn full details about the College's Residence Accommodation Strategy for students.
Leading up to the Games
In preparation for the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer College is working with provincial or national organizations for five sports to deliver pre-Games events in the fall and winter of 2018.
- Squash | September 27 to 30, 2018
- Speed Skating – Short Track | October 11 to 14, 2018
- Figure Skating | October 30 to November 4, 2018
- Badminton | November-December 2018 (dates to be confirmed)
- Wheelchair Basketball | December 15 to 17, 2018
These events will provide opportunities for RDC students, faculty and staff, as well as community members to watch provincial and national level sport competitions. Additional details will be provided as they are available.