2019 Canada Winter Games & RDC
- Games Operations “Hub” providing core operational support to the Games, including everything from information technology to entertainment to recreational venues.
- Event Venues and Ancillary Training Performance Venues including short track speed skating, badminton, wheelchair basketball, figure skating and squash, hosted at the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre/Centre des Jeux du Canada Gary W. Harris. This facility will also support athlete training and associated needs.
- Athletes’ Village hosting and housing nearly 3,600 athletes in RDC’s residence buildings. Visit the Residence page to learn full details about the College's Residence Accommodation Strategy for students.
In preparation for the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer College is working with provincial or national organizations for five sports to host pre-Games events in the fall and winter of 2018.
October 12 – 14: Short Track Speed Skating
- Friday, October 12: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm | Athlete Practice
- Saturday, October 13: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm | Competition
- Sunday, October 14: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm | Competition
October 30 – November 4: Figure Skating
November 20 – 25: Badminton
November (dates TBC): Squash
December 15 – 16: Wheelchair Basketball
These events will provide opportunities for RDC students, faculty and staff, as well as community members to watch provincial and national level sport competitions. Additional details will be provided as they are available.